This screencast is a part of the epic learning series "Four weeks of Drupal", chapter "Introduction to theming". You can view the full series at dev.nodeone.se/en/four-weeks-of-drupal.
Please post any comments over there, or we won't see them. Sorry.
This screencasts shows some aspects of theming forms, using the hook_form_FORM_ID_alter functions. Only a few properties of the form elements are discussed in the screencast, including:
* #weight, determining the rendering order of form elements
* #attributes, setting additional HTML properties such as 'class'
* #attached, used for adding additional CSS or JS files
* #access, hiding the element from the user
* #after_build, used for passing the complete and built form to another function for further processing
*Note that themes should only use alter hooks for cosmetic purposes! Other alters should go into module.*